Saturday, July 2, 2011

shopping, hangouts and lord of the rings

last night was a late night hanging out with a big group in the Campo de Fiori so I slept in nice and late today (nice change from a 6am wakeup).

Catherine and I went shopping in the afternoon and wandered the stores on via del Corso. We spent ages in Zara and got some super cute clothes! Then we met up with Parin, Sam and Julian for gelato at the Trevi Fountain. Yoghurt is my new favorite gelato flavor it's soooo delicious! After gelato Catherine went home but I continued shopping I perused all the Ottica shops I came across looking for a new pair of Italian frames (Italian people have the best glasses) and I found a few pairs but nothing so good that I had to splurge on them but there are a million more glasses stores to see - eyewear seems to be a very big part of Italian fashion.

I walked home from shopping and got home at 9 at which point Catherine called me to go out for dinner with Parin and Julian. We ate at a nice little restaurant by the pantheon and then met up with a big group at a hookah bar. They had the craziest drinks there, the menu had about 200 choices. I got a hot coffee drink with cocao liqueur, some other kind of liquor and whipped cream (so delicious) drinks also came with cookies (the best). The bar itself was so nice, all decorated in Persian carpets and low round leather cushions. some had gold embossing (you would have loved them mom) it was a nice relaxing night with most of the group.


We decided to go back to Parin, Julian and Sam's appartment where Danika and Shannon met us later and we put on Lord of the Rings. A perfect end to a chill Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment